The Python List Practice Exercise given below consists of simple programs on python lists. Basically, list is a data structure in python that contains multiple elements. Moreover, all elements in a python list need not be of the same data type. Further, the values in a list are not unique. In other words we can have duplicate values in a list.
Also, all list items are ordered. Therefore, whenever we add a new item in the list, it will always inserted at the end of the list. Further, a list in python is mutable. Unlike tuples, which is another collection in python, the methods applied on a list can change it.
The following section contains some of the basic questions and their solutions making use of the lists.
- Print a list using a for loop. Also, print the number of elements in the list.
- A Program to find the sum and average of list elements in python.
- Reversing list elements using for loop and swapping elements.
- Find difference between minimum and maximum elements in a list.
- Remove duplicate elements from a list and create another list containing only unique elements from the previous list.
- Program to show how to Count Element Frequencies in a List in Python