Today I will show some examples of Tuples in Python. Basically, a tuple is a collection of values. Unlike a list, a tuple is immutable. Also, the values in a tuple are separated by a comma. Therefore, if a tuple contains a single value, a comma should be there after the value. Moreover, a tuple is contained in round brackets as opposed to a list that is enclosed in square brackets. The following code shows how to create a tuple.
x=() print(x) y=(90,) print(y) z=(6,9,10) print(z) mylist=[1,2,3] w=(z,'abc',9.6,True,200, mylist) print(w)
As shown above, there are four tuples in the code. While the first one is an empty tuple, the second one has only one element. Also, a tuple can have elements of different types. Even, a tuple can be an element of another tuple. Likewise, a list can also be a member of a tuple.
So, the tuple in many ways similar to a list. Like a list it also allows duplicates. Further, the elements of a tuple are ordered. However, there are differences such as the tuple is immutable.
The following list provides some example of tuples in python.
- Perform four arithmetic operations and return the resulting values as a tuple.
- Basic examples using tuples in python.
- Create a List of Lists using a Tuple.
- An example to create a list of tuples in python.
- How to create a tuple of tuples in python.
Advantages of Tuples
- A tuple provides us a way to return multiple values from a function. therefore a return statement in s function in python can have multiple values separated by a comma. Further, all these values are assigned to a tuple when the function returns.
- Since tuples are immutable, they are more efficient than lists because of their fixed size.
- Also, we can use tuples in dictionaries because of having immutable values as the key.
- Another advantage of using tuples is that the data doesn’t change and write-protected.
How to Implement Inheritance in Python
Find Prime Numbers in Given Range in Python
Running Instructions in an Interactive Interpreter in Python
Deep Learning Practice Exercise
Deep Learning Methods for Object Detection
Image Contrast Enhancement using Histogram Equalization
Transfer Learning and its Applications
Examples of OpenCV Library in Python
Understanding Blockchain Concepts
Example of Multi-layer Perceptron Classifier in Python
Measuring Performance of Classification using Confusion Matrix
Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Model using Scikit-Learn
Popular Machine Learning Algorithms for Prediction
Long Short Term Memory – An Artificial Recurrent Neural Network Architecture
Python Project Ideas for Undergraduate Students
Creating Basic Charts using Plotly
Visualizing Regression Models with lmplot() and residplot() in Seaborn
Data Visualization with Pandas
A Brief Introduction of Pandas Library in Python