In this article on Features and Benefits of Amazon S3 Bucket, I will explain Amazon S3 Bucket and its features.
Basically, S3 is a storage service provided by Amazon. S3 stands for Simple Storage Service. It provides scalability required by the application. Moreover, Amazon S3 is suitable for customers of all sizes. In fact, a bucket in AWS is a container of objects. Accordingly, the limit on the number of buckets in a user’s account is set to 100. In other words, buckets aggregate objects. Hence, it is possible to apply a certain access control on all objects of the bucket. So, an object in a bucket has a unique identifier. It serves as the key of the object. Moreover, we can keep multiple versions of the same object. We can also choose geographical region of a bucket. Also, there is a provision to maintain consistency.
Furthermore, data in a bucket can use other services. For example EC2. Other services are EMR, and AWS Snow Family.
Understanding Features and Benefits of Amazon S3 Bucket
The following list specifies important features of Amazon S3 Bucket.
- S3 has a number of storage classes to satisfy the specific requirement of customers.
- Also, it offers different features for managing storage cost.
- Auditing S3 buckets
- Access management. In fact, S3 provides a number of features for access management. For instance, we can use IAM feature to access our account. Similarly, there are other features. For example, S3 Block public access. Actually, it provides public access to all objects in the block.
- Furthermore, S3 provides Access Control Lists (ACLs).
- In fact, you can also take ownership of every object in the bucket. For this purpose, you need to disable ACLs.
- In order to monitor the performance of S3 bucket, Access Analyzer for S3 is there.
- For the purpose of data processing S3 bucket provides several services. For example, we can use AWS Lambda to transform data for different applications. Other services for data processing include event notification services.
- Also, S3 provides several monitoring tools such as Cloudfront.
Applications of Amazon S3 Bucket
Since the S3 bucket can provide storage facility for the data of any kind and size, it has lots of applications. In fact, users can store data of any type of application. Some of the applications of S3 bucket are given below. For example, Amazon Simple Notification Service, and Amazon Simple Queue Service.
- Hosting Static Website
- Data Backup
- Hosting a Dynamic Website
- Storing Mobile Applications
- Creating Archives
- Storing data of IoT devices
- Creating Enterprise Applications
So, S3 provides us several benefits that were missing earlier( before s3). With S3, maintenance becomes easier and less costly. Also, it improved data security. Moreover, it becomes easier to scale up the application.
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science
- Deep Learning
- Dot Net Framework
- Machine Learning
- MEAN Stack
- MERN Stack
- Power Bi
- Scratch 3.0
- Web Designing