ASP.NET is a technology for creating dynamic websites. Since, learning any technology starts by writing code, here is an ASP.NET Practice Exercise, that you can use to learn ASP.NET.
ASP.NET Practice Exercise
- Since, the simplest web page requires the use of these two basic controls, write a program for using Label and TextBox controls.
- Another important control from Visual Studio ToolBox is the Button control. Write a program for using Button, LinkButton control
- Write a program using ImageButton Control and demonstrate CommandName and CommandArgument properties.
- For the purpose of getting information about user’s hobbies and the highest qualification write a program using CheckBox control and RadioButton control.
- Create a Web application to demonstrate different properties of the Image control.
- Since a Panel control is used to group other controls, write a program to demonstrate the Panel control to show a Login Panel and a Registration Panel.
- Write a program to demonstrate following validation controls
- To illustrate uploading files on the server write a program using FileUpload control.
- In order to show various properties of the Calendar control create a web application. Also, demonstrate the event handling by the Calendar control.
- Write a program to display advertisements using the AdRotator control.
- Create a web application to display data in a database table with GridView Control.
- Also, perform data Manipulation using GridView.
- In order to demonstrate Data Binding using DataGrid control create a web application.
- As an illustration, show how to delete records through DataGrid control.
- Also, show how to add and update records using DataGrid control.
- Write a program to Bind data to DataList
- Create a web application to Build a DataSet and display it in a Web Control.
- Also, illustrate how to build a DataSet with Relationships.
- Create an application to demonstrate cookies.
- Write a program to store database data in Session State.
- As an illustration of Login Control, write a program to demonstrate the Login control.
- For the purpose of demonstrating Forms-based Authentication, create a web application.
- Create an application to show Page Output Caching.
- Also, demonstrate Varying output cache by control.
- Write a program to load XML data to DataSet.
- Also, write a program to read XML data and bind it to DataGrid
- In order to display XML data in GridView and a ListBox, create a web application.
- Write a program to create a Web Service.
Parameter and ParameterCollection in ADO.NET
Database Manipulation Using DataGrid
Example of Button and Link Button Control in ASP.NET
Example of Chart Control in ASP.NET
Creating a DataTable from a DataReader in ASP.NET
Deleting a Record using DataGrid Control in ASP.NET
Edit a Record Using DataGrid Control in ASP.NET
Insert a Record Using ItemCommand Event in DataGrid
CRUD Operations with DataGrid in ASP.NET
Creating Columns in a DataGrid Control
XML Documents and DataSet in ASP.NET
Code Render Block in ASP.NET
ASP.NET Core Features and Advantages
Display Images Using DataList Control
Adding Images Using Image Control
Creating a Group of Radio Buttons Using RadioButtonList Control
Example of Button Control in ASP.NET
Using MD5 Hash Algorithm
ItemDataBound Event in DataList
More Features of DataList in ASP.NET
A Simple Example of Using a DataList Control in ASP.NET
Properties and Methods of DataList Control in ASP.NET
ASP.NET Practice Exercise
Exploring DataList Control in ASP.NET
Custom Validator Control in ASP.NET
Validation Summary Control in ASP.NET
Validation Controls Examples – RequiredFieldValidator, CompareValidator, and RangeValidator
An Example of Data Binding with RadioButtonList Control
Binding Data to Web Control in ADO.NET
Examples of AdRotator Control in ASP.NET
Examples of Validation Controls in ASP.NET
Overview of MVC architecture in ASP.NET